door2door is a leading mobility software company based in Berlin. Our software platform enables public transport companies and local authorities to optimise their public transport network with data-driven on-demand transport solutions. We envision a car-free city – and we strongly believe it's time to go beyond static routes, stagnant schedules and inefficient transport systems. As the world becomes more urban, it’s increasingly vital to fight traffic congestion, reduce carbon emissions, and connect people traveling along the same route.
Through our mobility platform, public transport companies are able to analyse their current transit network, implement flexible, demand responsive transport solutions where it’s needed and connect all transportation modes with our user-centric app.
As Legal Counsel at door2door, you become an integral part of the optimisation and smooth running of our day-to-day business. You are motivated by facing challenges, you maintain the highest standards of professionalism and you are ready to join our team of game-changers!
We’ll need you to:
- Support the legal operations of the company as an all-round legal advisor
- Draft and review agreements in German and English, including NDAs, letters of intent and commercial agreements
- Conduct legal research as required in various fields including public procurement, transportation law, employment law and data privacy
- Maintain and improve the company's data protection policies and practices
- Research and evaluate current and future legal risk
- Communicate and inform our key stakeholders on legal issues, including the Founder/MD
- Be one step ahead of problems at all times
- Not only master problem finding, but problem solving
- Find solutions that become the basis for major strategic decisions
- Be a hard worker, and constantly prove that you’re ready for the big challenge
- Want to tackle these challenges, doing all the homework necessary to find the proof in order to maximise our leverage!
You’ll need to have:
- Fluent German and English; further language skills are a plus
- Creativity and eagerness to find solutions and opportunities
- Very strong analytical skills with an outstanding sense for opportunities
- Good people and communication skills
- Ability to drive both strategic decisions and operational tasks
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast paced international environment
- Previous experience in a top-tier law firm or a startup is a big plus
- 1st State Exam. Excellent grades. Strong knowledge of Commercial law. Knowledge of Public Procurement and Transportation Law is a strong advantage
- Applications from candidates during their legal clerkship (Rechtsreferendariat) are welcome.
We value those who love a challenge, love to raise the bar in their area of expertise and would love to make a real difference in the world of Urban Mobility. We're an exciting bunch from over 25 nations and have offices in Berlin & Porto Alegre (Brazil). On top of that we offer...
- A rewarding stock option plan connecting you directly to the success of the company
- Support for Learning & Development - time being spent on your growth is very important to us
- Pick the tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we've literally got your back.
- We will support your move to Berlin and have your back in terms of settling down in a new city.
- The greatest benefit is becoming part of something amazing. With real impact. Now!
Check out more of our benefits & perks: here
*This opportunity is for our Berlin office, ideally full-time, open to negotiation.