Data Engineer - m/f/x
Cities are complex. That's why we are using the power of internet, mobile & data to help making cities smarter. We enable cities to introduce new mobility solutions in order to replace private cars.
How? We are building the most powerful *integrated mobility platform*. We’re reinventing public transport with the best On-Demand Ridepool Solution. Because we believe shared mobility will lead to smarter cities.
We're an impact-driven team, based in Berlin, with backgrounds in transport, startups, apps, design, investing and academia. We're motivated by solving hard fundamental everyday problems that improve the quality of people's lives. We like simplifying complexity, reinventing user experience, working with data, and making cities a place we love to live in. We're backed by top investors, won many awards, are a member of World Economic Forum and have been ranked as #8 Top Startup-Employer by LinkedIn.
Data is at the core of everything that we do.
You will be joining a team responsible for making data available to building and maintaining the tools and systems that collect, store and analyze the data within the organization, and for providing data insights for other teams to use.
The work we do enables true data-driven features and services that are both reliable and scalable. You’ll contribute to, and define, how the data infrastructure is being built and operated.
You will be:
- Be part of our a cross-function product development team together with designers, developers and data developers
- Interacting with developers, product managers, designers and customer success managers
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing with software engineers of all levels to help them to extend their technical knowledge
- Building and maintaining data pipelines and algorithms to process, analyze and visualize data
- Creating automations for data analysis and avoiding repeating manual work
- Improve and work on our data infrastructure on AWS
You'll need to have:
- A desire to share your expertise through documentation, mentorship, and both written and vocal discussion
- Experience working with data at scale
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on programming
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Strong SQL skills
- In-depth knowledge of Python, Pandas, Jupyter notebooks and similar tools
- Interest in modern data tools like Apache Airflow
- Experience with our tech stack - Python ( Pandas), PostgreSQL, Redshift, Terraform, is a plus
Join a supportive team that pushes you to be your best, making a real difference in the world of Urban Mobility. Driven by our values of Vision, Impact and Collaboration, our unique culture is something you cannot copy/paste!
Become part of our multinational team, join the ride and you will gain:
- Learning: Your growth matters! We support your development through our varied learning program offerings
- Flexibility & Support: We care about work-life balance with flexible hours, home office, parental support as well as support during life's ups and downs
- Work Environment: Multinational, open minded and welcoming atmosphere, plenty of healthy snacks, drinks and coffee to keep you fuelled throughout the day
- Location: Warm and unspoiled areas in an old factory building in the heart of Berlin. Our HQ’s roof terrace is the perfect place to end the week with a drink with Anastasia & Yone
- Health and Wellness: Stay fit with our Urban Sports Club Membership
- Challenge: Become part of something amazing. With real impact. Now!
Check out more of our Perks & Benefits here
For information about how we handle the personal data of job applicants, please click on the "door2door website" link below.